468x60 Ads

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

How to Make a 3D Model with Blender [Robot] ~ My Thesis Diary

Just like you, at first I also wondering a lot about how to make a 3D model. Only very recently, a friend introduced me to a very cool software, I said very cool because it's not just powerful but also free at the same time, which is Blender. I'm completely lost when I saw hundreds of different buttons on Blender and I had almost given up on learning how to make a 3D model. But, the kindest person in the world creates a Youtube channel called the d-dub show/ ward7299 and shares a variety of video tutorials for Blender 3D. If you are looking for more basic kind of tutorials, this one may or may not for you. Actually this particular tutorial that I'm gonna show you is a complex tutorial, but they guy owned the d-dub show/ ward7299 channel is demonstrating every steps in detail so it's so super easy to follow. Well, enough rumbling, this is my recreation of his tutorial, Johny Blender 4000 aka JB4K robot plus the link to his tutorial.

#1 Modelling the Head - Link

how to create a 3d model

#2 Modelling the Neck and Chest - Link

how to make a 3d model

#3 Modelling the Abdomen and Hips - Link

how to create a 3d model

#4 Modelling the Shoulders and Upper Arms - Link

how to make a 3d model

#5 Modelling Pistons and Forearms - Link

how to create a 3d model

#6 Modelling Hands and Fingers - Link

This is the poorest excuse, but I still perplexed between making a fingers or a hook since I want to recreate this robot into a pirates robot. So, what I'm trying to say that I didn't try this part just yet. But you can watch the video and begin to recreate them by yourself.

#7 Modelling Legs and Feet - Link

how to make a 3d model

That's what I've been recreated so far, but if you want to learn even further, this is more tutorials from the d-dub show/ ward7299 on how to animated and painting the model.

  • Starting the Rig - Link
  • Modifying and Rigging the Pistons - Link
  • Vertex Groups and Weight Painting - Link
  • Unwrapping UV Coordinates - Link
  • Sculpting and Baking Normal Maps - Link
  • Baking AO and Texture Painting - Link
  • Tweaking the Rig - Link
  • Walk Cycle and NLA Editor - Link

0 comments:

Post a Comment